We advise publishers on a variety of publishing issues, including contractual relationships with authors and with other publishers, copyright issues, confidentiality and issues relating to their websites e.g. Terms and Conditions of Use of websites, privacy policies; and drafting and advising on all necessary documents.
- Publishing contracts (for books, journals etc)
- Confidentiality agreements
- Assignments of copyright
- Software licences
- Distribution agreements
- Electronic publishing rights contracts
- Licences of multimedia rights
- Online publication user agreements
- Contracts with editors and freelance contributors
- Contracts with illustrators
- Contracts for acquisition or sale/licensing of translation rights
- Contracts for international co-editions
- Contracts for commissioning or use of artwork
- Waivers of moral rights
- Merchandising Licenses
- Advising publishers on their standard forms of contract, particularly for new areas of activity for them, e.g. Internet publishing, and negotiating contracts for them, e.g. with other publishers or with other licensors.
Advising authors (including authors of fiction, authors of professional books, and illustrators) on book publishing contracts and/or contracts for the exploitation of other rights (e.g. film and TV rights) and negotiating on their behalf.
- Book publishing contracts (print and electronic publishing)
- Option and assignment or licence of film/TV and other rights
- Licences of video/CD-ROM/computer games rights
- Screenwriting agreements
- TV Presenter agreements